THE MISSION OF THE COUNTY OF LOS ANGELES FIRE MUSEUM is to
- Celebrate the history of the American Fire Service and the contributions made to that history by the County of Los Angeles Fire Department.
- Employ the popularity of the fire service as a means to motivate our youth to learn various school topics by showing how those topics pertain to the fire service.
- Document and present the evolution, history and impact of fire based EMS.
- Acquire artifacts, apparatus, photographs, documents and other materials which assist in the presentation of our history.
- Restore antique fire apparatus to accurately reflect their respective histories.